You are in: Home / Odsal Odysseys
The History of Bradford Rugby League
- By Phil Hodgson
- In print, usually dispatched within 48 hours.
- Tagged with:
- Reviewed by 1 member with an average rating of out of 5 stars. Login or join us to post the first review!
- Published: 20th May 2006
- ISBN: 1904091148
- Pages: 192
- Photos: 180
- Size: 297mm x 210mm
From the Publisher:
Reigning Rugby League world champions Bradford Bulls have been a pre-eminent force for the past decade and previously as Bradford and a major power and occasional cannon fodder in the most uncompromising of sports.
Rugby League journalist Phil Hodgson has charted, in Odsal Odysseys, the glory years and the dramatic fluctuations in fortunes since the original Bradford club was formed in 1863.
Three successive Wembley appearances in the late 1940s, together with the mystery of the 69,000 fans who subsequently went missing and the misery and magic of Northern's collapse and rebirth in the early 1960s leading to successive championships are chronicled. And the rousing tale is told of the era prior to Bradford Northern, so named as an act of faith in professional rugby, when Bradford (Park Avenue) and Manningham (Bradford City), who were the first Northern Union champions, switched to soccer.
Manningham and Bradford were leading lights in the Victorian era and the keen imaginative approach has been echoed by those visionaries who ensured that Odsal embraced to the full the all-singing, all dancing era of Super League while never neglecting to provide a distinctive brand of scintillating football rarely matched elsewhere.
Member Reviews and Ratings
Great book about a great club
Posted on 31st Jul 2006 at 09:11:22 BST.
- Super Bowl XLVI Official Programs - Stadium Edition
- The Cricket Society Book of the Year Award 2011
- Ricky Villa Autobiography "And Still Ricky Villa" Signed Copies
- The Ice Hockey Annual 2010-11
- Alex Stepney Tooting Common To The Stretford End Signed Copies
- William Hill Sports Book of the Year Award 2010: The Shortlist
- Lindy's Baseball Preview 2011
- Sporting News College Football 2010 Preview
- Sporting News Pro Football 2010 Preview
- Athlon Sports Pro Football 2010 Preview
- Yahoo! Sports and Pro Football Weekly 2010 NFL Preview
- Phil Steele's College Football Preview 2010
- Odsal Odysseys (hardback)
Spend more than £15.00 and get free UK delivery!
Read the latest member reviews, see popular titles and today’s featured member.
As a member you can post your own book reviews, get first dibs on signed books and special offers. Membership is free and comes with 10% off your first order!
It's A Fact!
Yeovil Town F.C. have always been a name to be feared in the F.A Cup and are the most prolific 'Giantkillers' knocking out a record 20 League teams during their time as a Non-League club.
Submitted by: sebytfc