You are in: Home / The King of Brilliance
The King of Brilliance
James Lomas - a Rugby League Superstar
- By Graham Morris
- In print, usually dispatched within 48 hours.
- Tagged with:
- Published: 10th Oct 2011
- ISBN: 1903659574
- Pages: 272
- Size: 246mm x 189 mm
From the Publisher:
At last, the untold story of a true rugby league legend! James Lomas was arguably the code's first superstar and created scoring records that survived the test of time.
Born in the Cumbrian seaport town of Maryport, he played most of his career in the exciting pioneering years before the First World War. His ability to score points, scatter defences, aided by a phenomenal hand-off, his stonewall defence and perfectly placed kicks ensured he stood out in almost every match he took part in. His charismatic personality and leadership qualities ensured he captained virtually every club he played for; a journey that took him from Maryport to Bramley, Salford, Oldham and York.
But it was not only at club level that his star shone brightly. He captained the Northern Union team which toured Australia and New Zealand in 1910, and represented Cumberland, Lancashire, England and the Northern Union test team.
His achievements include:
â€¢ Rugby league's leading point scorer in five seasons and twice establishing new records.
â€¢ Leading point scorer for his clubs in 12 seasons.
â€¢ Setting a career record of 2,312 points for the sport in an era when scoring was at a premium.
â€¢ Winner of the county championship with both Cumberland and Lancashire.
The author, Graham Morris, is a lifelong rugby league supporter and has written widely about the game
- Super Bowl XLVI Official Programs - Stadium Edition
- The Cricket Society Book of the Year Award 2011
- Ricky Villa Autobiography "And Still Ricky Villa" Signed Copies
- The Ice Hockey Annual 2010-11
- Alex Stepney Tooting Common To The Stretford End Signed Copies
- William Hill Sports Book of the Year Award 2010: The Shortlist
- Lindy's Baseball Preview 2011
- Sporting News College Football 2010 Preview
- Sporting News Pro Football 2010 Preview
- Athlon Sports Pro Football 2010 Preview
- Yahoo! Sports and Pro Football Weekly 2010 NFL Preview
- Phil Steele's College Football Preview 2010
- The King of Brilliance (hardback)
Spend more than £15.00 and get free UK delivery!
Read the latest member reviews, see popular titles and today’s featured member.
As a member you can post your own book reviews, get first dibs on signed books and special offers. Membership is free and comes with 10% off your first order!
It's A Fact!
Sea Otters hold hands when they go to sleep so that they don't drift apart!
Submitted by: melkington