You are in: Home / A Welshman in Halifax
A Welshman in Halifax
Garfield Owen - Rugby Footballer
- By Andrew Hardcastle
- In print, usually dispatched within 48 hours.
- Tagged with:
- Published: 1st Sep 2011
- ISBN: 1903659558
- Pages: 148
- Size: 234mm x 153mm
From the Publisher:
Garfield Owen was one of the great full-backs of his generation in both rugby codes. He played rugby union for Newport and won six caps for Wales in 1955 and 1956.
He then switched to rugby league, signing for Halifax live on the BBC Sportsview programme. After five successful years at Halifax he joined Keighley, where he had a spell as player-coach.
He retired from rugby league in 1965, and still lives in Halifax. This authorised biography, including a foreword by Robert Gate, covers his from his early years in South Wales to his work today fundraising for research into Parkinson's disease.
- Super Bowl XLVI Official Programs - Stadium Edition
- The Cricket Society Book of the Year Award 2011
- Ricky Villa Autobiography "And Still Ricky Villa" Signed Copies
- The Ice Hockey Annual 2010-11
- Alex Stepney Tooting Common To The Stretford End Signed Copies
- William Hill Sports Book of the Year Award 2010: The Shortlist
- Lindy's Baseball Preview 2011
- Sporting News College Football 2010 Preview
- Sporting News Pro Football 2010 Preview
- Athlon Sports Pro Football 2010 Preview
- Yahoo! Sports and Pro Football Weekly 2010 NFL Preview
- Phil Steele's College Football Preview 2010
- A Welshman in Halifax (paperback)
Spend more than £15.00 and get free UK delivery!
Read the latest member reviews, see popular titles and today’s featured member.
As a member you can post your own book reviews, get first dibs on signed books and special offers. Membership is free and comes with 10% off your first order!
It's A Fact!
The All Blacks have a winning percentage of 75 percent, greater than any other team in international sport.
Submitted by: Lynntross