You are in: Home / No Sand Dunes in Featherstone
No Sand Dunes in Featherstone
Memories of West Yorkshire Rugby League
- By Robert Light
- In print, usually dispatched within 3-4 days.
- Tagged with:
- Published: 25th Oct 2010
- ISBN: 1903659531
- Pages: 202
- Size: 234mm x 156mm
From the Publisher:
Rugby league has been a major part of the sporting scene and community life in West Yorkshire for over 100 years. Based on interviews conducted for the "Up and Under" oral history project at the University of Huddersfield, this fascinating book includes memories from leading players, coaches, referees, club official and journalists from the professional game along with those of supporters and people involved in amateur rugby league.
There are recollections of people's earliest memories of rugby league, great matches and tours, playing, refereeing, reporting on the game, helping run the game and supporting their team.
It includes contributions from John Atkinson, Maurice Bamford, David Barends, Alf Burnell, Graham Chalkley, Bak Diabira, Trevor Foster, Peter Fox, Geoff Gunney, Karl Harrison, David Hinchliffe, Harry Jepson, Mick Morgan, Sam Morton, Garfield Owen, Bev Risman, Ken Senior, Tommy Smales, Brian Smith, Francis Stephenson, Billy Thompson, Frank Watson and Dave Woods.
- Super Bowl XLVI Official Programs - Stadium Edition
- The Cricket Society Book of the Year Award 2011
- Ricky Villa Autobiography "And Still Ricky Villa" Signed Copies
- The Ice Hockey Annual 2010-11
- Alex Stepney Tooting Common To The Stretford End Signed Copies
- William Hill Sports Book of the Year Award 2010: The Shortlist
- Lindy's Baseball Preview 2011
- Sporting News College Football 2010 Preview
- Sporting News Pro Football 2010 Preview
- Athlon Sports Pro Football 2010 Preview
- Yahoo! Sports and Pro Football Weekly 2010 NFL Preview
- Phil Steele's College Football Preview 2010
- No Sand Dunes in Featherstone (paperback)
Spend more than £15.00 and get free UK delivery!
Read the latest member reviews, see popular titles and today’s featured member.
As a member you can post your own book reviews, get first dibs on signed books and special offers. Membership is free and comes with 10% off your first order!
It's A Fact!
Two England players from Stoke City FC, Goalkeeper William Rowley and right back Thomas Clare made their international debut against Ireland in Liverpool on March 2, 1889 winning 6-1.
Submitted by: Jon