You are in: Home / Ledley King
- By Iain Spragg
- In print, usually dispatched within 3-4 days.
- Tagged with:
- Published: 7th Apr 2008
- ISBN: 1844545504
- Pages: 288
From the Publisher:
The man they call 'Mr Reliable', Ledley King has been a cult figure at White Hart Lane ever since he burst onto the Premiership scene in May 1999. A product of the Tottenham youth system, he is now a mainstay for both club and country and is widely acknowledged as one of Europe's most naturally talented defenders.Renowned for blistering pace, cool head and composed distribution, King is the longest-serving member of the Tottenham squad and was appointed club captain in January 2005. He still holds the record for the fastest goal in Premiership history after finding the back of the net after just 10 seconds against Bradford City in December 2000.First capped by the senior side against Italy in 2002, King played for England at every junior level and he was outstanding in the opening match of Euro 2004 against France before he was forced to return home for the birth of his son.
His England career has been hampered by injuries - he missed the 2006 World Cup with a broken metatarsal bone - but he has time on his side and looks destined to be a key figure at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.This fully up-to-date book reveals the inside story of King's early days kicking a ball around in the East End to his emergence as a lynchpin of the Tottenham and England defences. Sports writer Iain Spragg reveals how King has kept the crowds' and critics' attention and how he is destined for even greater success.
- Super Bowl XLVI Official Programs - Stadium Edition
- The Cricket Society Book of the Year Award 2011
- Ricky Villa Autobiography "And Still Ricky Villa" Signed Copies
- The Ice Hockey Annual 2010-11
- Alex Stepney Tooting Common To The Stretford End Signed Copies
- William Hill Sports Book of the Year Award 2010: The Shortlist
- Lindy's Baseball Preview 2011
- Sporting News College Football 2010 Preview
- Sporting News Pro Football 2010 Preview
- Athlon Sports Pro Football 2010 Preview
- Yahoo! Sports and Pro Football Weekly 2010 NFL Preview
- Phil Steele's College Football Preview 2010
- Ledley King (hardback)
Spend more than £15.00 and get free UK delivery!
Read the latest member reviews, see popular titles and today’s featured member.
As a member you can post your own book reviews, get first dibs on signed books and special offers. Membership is free and comes with 10% off your first order!
It's A Fact!
"Huddersfield Town have won the Football League more times than Notts (SIC) Forest, Derby & Leicester City. In fact they've won it as many times as the East Midland giants (?) put together"
Submitted by: andyeastleake