You are in: Home / Hammered
- By Mark Ward
- In print, usually dispatched within 5-7 days.
- Tagged with:
- Published: 2nd Nov 2010
- ISBN: 1843582724
- Pages: 288
- Size: 198mm x 129mm
From the Publisher:
Mark Ward enjoyed all the trappings of success as one of the most popular and highly-rated right wingers in football. 'Wardy' proved an overnight sensation at Oldham and continued to be a star at West Han, Man City and Everton before inspiring Birmingham City to Wembley glory. But when his career on the pitch ended, his life swiftly unravelled.
After failed business ventures and the collapse of his marriage to his childhood sweetheart he ended up unemployed - and desperate. Ward put his name to a rental agreement on a house near Liverpool that was used by others to stash drugs. When the police raided they found a drugs factory.
He pleaded guilty to dealing and was sent to Liverpool's notorious Walton Prison. His life would never be the same. During the years he spent inside he has been able to reflect on an extraordinary playing career and an equally eventful life off the pitch.
He recounts in heart-wrenching detail his highs and lows and tells it like it is with honesty that epitomised his playing career.
- Super Bowl XLVI Official Programs - Stadium Edition
- The Cricket Society Book of the Year Award 2011
- Ricky Villa Autobiography "And Still Ricky Villa" Signed Copies
- The Ice Hockey Annual 2010-11
- Alex Stepney Tooting Common To The Stretford End Signed Copies
- William Hill Sports Book of the Year Award 2010: The Shortlist
- Lindy's Baseball Preview 2011
- Sporting News College Football 2010 Preview
- Sporting News Pro Football 2010 Preview
- Athlon Sports Pro Football 2010 Preview
- Yahoo! Sports and Pro Football Weekly 2010 NFL Preview
- Phil Steele's College Football Preview 2010
- Hammered (paperback)
Spend more than £15.00 and get free UK delivery!
Read the latest member reviews, see popular titles and today’s featured member.
As a member you can post your own book reviews, get first dibs on signed books and special offers. Membership is free and comes with 10% off your first order!
It's A Fact!
"Huddersfield Town have won the Football League more times than Notts (SIC) Forest, Derby & Leicester City. In fact they've won it as many times as the East Midland giants (?) put together"
Submitted by: andyeastleake