You are in: Home / The Story of TalkSPORT
The Story of TalkSPORT
Inside the Wacky World of Britain's Wildest Radio Station
- By Gershon Portnoi
- In print, usually dispatched within 5-7 days.
- Tagged with:
- Published: 15th May 2011
- ISBN: 0857206303
- Pages: 336
- Size: 198mm x 130mm
From the Publisher:
When talkSPORT first went on air on 17 January 2000, engineers were still wiring up the studios, and the furniture for the presenters had arrived only hours earlier. It was immediately clear that talkSPORT wasn't going to be like any other radio station. In this compelling and hilarious account of how talkSPORT conquered the airwaves, Gershon Portnoi reveals all the great stories that make the station so popular among its dedicated audience - like the time part of a Test match commentary was conducted from the back of an elephant, or when Abu Hamza revealed how much he like belly dancing music.
Including contributions from all the big names of talkSPORT, past and present, this book is as breathtaking and jaw-dropping as the station itself.
- Super Bowl XLVI Official Programs - Stadium Edition
- The Cricket Society Book of the Year Award 2011
- Ricky Villa Autobiography "And Still Ricky Villa" Signed Copies
- The Ice Hockey Annual 2010-11
- Alex Stepney Tooting Common To The Stretford End Signed Copies
- William Hill Sports Book of the Year Award 2010: The Shortlist
- Lindy's Baseball Preview 2011
- Sporting News College Football 2010 Preview
- Sporting News Pro Football 2010 Preview
- Athlon Sports Pro Football 2010 Preview
- Yahoo! Sports and Pro Football Weekly 2010 NFL Preview
- Phil Steele's College Football Preview 2010
- The Story of TalkSPORT (paperback)
Spend more than £15.00 and get free UK delivery!
Read the latest member reviews, see popular titles and today’s featured member.
As a member you can post your own book reviews, get first dibs on signed books and special offers. Membership is free and comes with 10% off your first order!
It's A Fact!
The fact that this website knocks five years off my age when I enter the details!
Submitted by: MartinCloake