You are in: Home / Rise of a Dynasty
Rise of a Dynasty
The '57 Celtics, the First Banner, and the Dawning of a New America
- By Bill Reynolds
- In print, usually dispatched within 5-7 days.
- Tagged with:
- Published: 2nd Nov 2010
- ISBN: 045123135X
- Pages: 296
From the Publisher:
How the seventh game of the 1957 NBA championship influenced a team, a city, and the country-from the author of "'78."
On a fateful day in 1957, the country saw the Boston Celtics and the St. Louis Hawks face off in one of the most dramatic NBA games in history. But the score at the final buzzer told only part of the story. Celtics rookie Bill Russell, traded by the Hawks because of his race, emerged as a new sports hero. Boston's coach Red Auerbach went on to become the ultimate winner and builder of championship teams. And the city of Boston and its beloved Celtics had their first NBA championship- and the makings of a dynasty...
- Super Bowl XLVI Official Programs - Stadium Edition
- The Cricket Society Book of the Year Award 2011
- Ricky Villa Autobiography "And Still Ricky Villa" Signed Copies
- The Ice Hockey Annual 2010-11
- Alex Stepney Tooting Common To The Stretford End Signed Copies
- William Hill Sports Book of the Year Award 2010: The Shortlist
- Lindy's Baseball Preview 2011
- Sporting News College Football 2010 Preview
- Sporting News Pro Football 2010 Preview
- Athlon Sports Pro Football 2010 Preview
- Yahoo! Sports and Pro Football Weekly 2010 NFL Preview
- Phil Steele's College Football Preview 2010
- Rise of a Dynasty (hardback)
Spend more than £15.00 and get free UK delivery!
Read the latest member reviews, see popular titles and today’s featured member.
As a member you can post your own book reviews, get first dibs on signed books and special offers. Membership is free and comes with 10% off your first order!
It's A Fact!
"Only 5 sports have been contested at every modern Olympics since 1896: Athletics, Cycling, Fencing, Gymnastics and Swimming" - Ben Schott, Schott's Sporting Gaming and Idling Miscellany
Submitted by: Liam