You are in: Home / Touching the Void
Touching the Void
- By Joe Simpson
- The Boardman Tasker Prize For Mountain Literature 1998
- Paperback (Paperback)
- In print, usually dispatched within 3-4 days.
- Tagged with:
- Published: 2nd Oct 2008
- ISBN: 0099511746
- Pages: 224
- Size: 198mm x 129mm
From the Publisher:
"Touching the Void" is the heart-stopping account of Joe Simpson's terrifying adventure in the Peruvian Andes. He and his climbing partner, Simon, reached the summit of the remote Siula Grande in June 1995. A few days later, Simon staggered into Base Camp, exhausted and frost-bitten, with news that Joe was dead.
What happened to Joe, and how the pair dealt with the psychological traumas that resulted when Simon was forced into the appalling decision to cut the rope, makes not only an epic of survival but a compelling testament of friendship.
- Super Bowl XLVI Official Programs - Stadium Edition
- The Cricket Society Book of the Year Award 2011
- Ricky Villa Autobiography "And Still Ricky Villa" Signed Copies
- The Ice Hockey Annual 2010-11
- Alex Stepney Tooting Common To The Stretford End Signed Copies
- William Hill Sports Book of the Year Award 2010: The Shortlist
- Lindy's Baseball Preview 2011
- Sporting News College Football 2010 Preview
- Sporting News Pro Football 2010 Preview
- Athlon Sports Pro Football 2010 Preview
- Yahoo! Sports and Pro Football Weekly 2010 NFL Preview
- Phil Steele's College Football Preview 2010
- Touching the Void (paperback)
Spend more than £15.00 and get free UK delivery!
Read the latest member reviews, see popular titles and today’s featured member.
As a member you can post your own book reviews, get first dibs on signed books and special offers. Membership is free and comes with 10% off your first order!
It's A Fact!
Two England players from Stoke City FC, Goalkeeper William Rowley and right back Thomas Clare made their international debut against Ireland in Liverpool on March 2, 1889 winning 6-1.
Submitted by: Jon